How to Apply Blue-Green in Your Interiors
Home decoration is ruled by different components: furniture, distribution, order, shapes, and colors. Generally, people opt for the resources that best reflect their personality. In this article, we’re going to show you how to apply blue-green in your interiors.
The environment you create is directly related to its colors. As the colors you choose influence it, you need to choose those that you really like.
You probably should innovate a bit, be original, and try to make your home stand out from others. If you copy existing models, then your home won’t be unique. You’ll simply fall into a repetition process.
Sensations that blue-green produces in interiors
This color is nice to look at. It influences mood and conveys serenity, harmony, temperance, and peace. It must create good sensations so that you feel comfortable. Therefore, you don’t need to include it in all rooms. In fact, it’s best to apply it sporadically. This color is cold and halfway between the blues and the greens. In fact, it’s a mixture of the two that conveys a sensation that reminds you of the sea and nature.
It doesn’t clash nor stand out. In fact, it’s sustainable, goes well with the whole home, and enriches aesthetics. Also, it’s alternative and elegant.
This color can surprise and reflect personal sophistication.
How to apply blue-green in your interiors
What are the best rooms to add this color to? To answer this question, you have to take your personal tastes into account. However, we’re going to explain the places where it’d look best.
- The living room is one of the best places for it. It doesn’t matter if you decide to paint all your walls this color or if, on the contrary, you prefer to opt for a blue-green sofa. The idea is for it to gain presence and become an attractive resource.
- The same goes for bedrooms. You can apply it on the walls, but it can also make an appearance in other individual elements, such as the bedspread, the carpet, the frame of a mirror, etc. You can even mix and match these.
- It looks amazing in bathrooms if you mix and match it with white. Also, it has a certain aesthetic relationship with water and produces a sensation of hygiene. In any case, it’s best for it to be dark to achieve a more notable contrast.
- Giving it presence through your kitchen furniture is a good idea due to the sensations it can produce in your kitchen. It helps make environments feel clean and peaceful to such an extent that it also produces a sense of cleanliness, as in bathrooms.
- If you want to surprise friends that are going to sleep over at your house, the guest room is another place you can add this color to.
A color that favors concentration
Blue-green is believed to aid concentration. This is probably due to its immersive capacity and the restraint it conveys. In this regard, it closely resembles turquoise.
In fact, many companies decide to paint their walls this color to help their employees stay focused. In the same way, it’s an appropriate color for offices. Thus, it’s the perfect way to drop the habit of only resorting to neutral colors, which is what most people do.
If you decide to place other lighter decorative elements alongside it, you can achieve a pleasant atmosphere.
The colors it’s related to
Keep in mind that you can’t simply opt for any color combination; you must study this important aspect carefully. Blacks, greens, and blues may be unsuitable.
The colors that go well with blue-green are white, gray and, if you want some elements to stand out even more, you can resort to other warm colors such as ocher or mustard.
In short, blue-green is a very interesting color you can choose to decorate any room in your house. It’s a great option!It might interest you...