Glued Parquet Floors - Main Characteristics
Glued parquet floors provide a lot of benefits. Their features make them a great choice for your home.
The decor world offers a wide variety of floors. Nowadays, there are many alternatives- from asphalt to wood. Here you’ll find out the main characteristics of glued parquet floors.
Floors should be resistant and solid. Aspects like their durability, comfort, and effectiveness are key. That’s why you should look for the best option based on your needs.
The floor is an essential component. It’s important to choose a good quality material that gives an aesthetic touch to your home in a subtle and pleasant way.
What are glued parquet floors?
Parquet is a type of wooden flooring made from different pieces. It has a specific design.
It needs special glue to fix the layers together. This provides strength and durability.
If you want, you can do this yourself. All you need is the glue to place the layers. However, an expert is always the best option to obtain an excellent result.
A solid, stable, and long-lasting product.
Main characteristics of glued parquet floors
This is an excellent way to renew the floor. These are some of its main features:
- It provides warmth. It holds the heat and is perfect for your feet. This type of floor is the best choice if you’re looking for comfort.
- It adapts to any space. It’s a great option for the living room, corridor, bedroom, etc. However, if you want to use it in the bathroom or the kitchen, you need to keep in mind that the wood can be damaged by liquids or stains.
- Glued parquet floors resist any kind of problem caused by water. But they still need care and protection.
- It’s an aesthetic piece that matches any style. This element offers an interesting decorative touch to the atmosphere of your home.
How long does the floor take to dry?
If you want to get good results, it’s important to let it dry for at least 48 hours.
You can’t start using it right after you lay it. This could damage the floor and cause cracks.
It doesn’t make a noise when you step on it
We can all agree on how unpleasant the creaking of old wooden floors is. This gives a sense of imperfection. That’s why it’s essential to use good quality floors that offer durability.
One of the characteristics of glued parquet floors is that they eliminate any sound. This is a great benefit for your mental health since you don’t have to worry about noise pollution.
It’s always better to choose a product that contributes to creating a sustainable home. This is definitely a functional and decorative element.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Rougeron, Claude: Aislamiento acústico y térmico en la construcción, Editores técnicos asociados, 1977.
- Tournikiotis, Panayotis: La historiografía de la arquitectura moderna, Madrid, Celeste, 1999.