Forgotten Toys – Ideas to Put Them to Use
Do you have an overload of children's toys at home? Here are some ideas to put the forgotten ones in use again but this time, for your home decor!
As our children grow up, they grow out of their old toys, clothes and other belongings. You can only store so much away. Instead, ask yourself if there are any forgotten toys in your home and think up ways to reuse them.
There are plenty of clutter-preventing solutions to try. Sure, the toys might come in handy one day, but you can never know when nor for whom. So instead, thinking in the present and searching for solutions now is a better idea.
Your main goal should be organizing your space and avoiding toys scattered throughout your home. You should also avoid saving toys just for the sake of saving. Instead, take the time to think about if it could be enjoyed by a child again in the future or not.
Buying more than that we need is a modern reality in our society. People often buy goods for their families without a real need. Today, we call that “consumerism”.
Try analyzing your family’s situation and identify any areas where you can improve. Buying excessively doesn’t just damage your wallet, but it also ruins your home decor.
It’s the same case with the toys that you buy for your children. Whether it’s Christmas, their birthday or just any old day, spoiling them with mountains of gifts will only accustom them to having it all instead of teaching them how to enjoy things.
— Buy smart and enjoy what you have. —
Reuse toys for home decor
Using old toys as home decor can be both practical and adorable. But just make sure that the pieces you choose match well with their surroundings.
- Not surprisingly, your children’s rooms are the perfect place for such decor. Toys can make great decor and create a fun setting for children. Use forgotten toys to decorate shelves.
- As for the rest of your home, can you use toys to decorate it as well? Yes, you can, but you need to know how to choose the right pieces. For example, small toy cars can decorate a living room and transmit a passion for cars.
- You can turn a stuffed animal into a decoration accessory by placing it in your living room, bedroom or children’s rooms. And you can even dress it up or decorate it with another accessory.
- Dolls’ houses have always had a presence in home decor. They’re actually less toy than they are an artistic miniature work. They look beautiful in any part of a home.
Store toys in a closet
Another way to keep your home tidy is by storing forgotten toys away in closets. Here are some tips:
- Don’t hoard toys or let them collect dust. Organize them in a way that’s easy to clean.
- Hide old toys away in a space where they’ll remain in good condition.
- Keep them organized in a specific spot. When you need them again, you’ll know exactly where they are.
- Throw away toys that might be broken or overly used. Trying to save everything will lead to hoarding.
- You don’t need a closet exclusively to put them away. Instead, look for extra drawers or storage space around your home.
Donating toys that your children don’t play with
If you have toys that your children don’t play with anymore but still are in good condition, you don’t have to hang on to them if they won’t have future use in your home. Instead, turn to a different solution.
There are charity organizations that collect children’s toys for families in less fortunate situations. What you don’t need could help another. Donating is a good way to clean out your home and prevent hoarding while doing a good deed at the same time.
The most important thing is to live just with what you need. Teach your children to take care of their things in addition to respecting and sharing them with those in need.