Decorating Your Walls with Love Hearts
Whether for Valentine’s day or an anniversary, decorating your walls with love hearts will give your home a really romantic touch, and help you create the perfect setting for an evening with that special someone. Hearts are a universal symbol of love and never go out of fashion in the world of interior decor.
Are you planning a romantic meal with your soulmate? Do you and your partner have something special to celebrate? If so, then you might enjoy using love hearts to make your home that little bit more special. They’re easy to make, and won’t damage your walls. Take a look at the following ideas.
The best ideas for decorating with love hearts
If you’re looking to create simple, romantic and beautiful decor for a date with that special someone, there’s really nothing better than love hearts. This universal symbol of love continues to be a popular way to decorate homes for a special occasion.
The most interesting thing about this idea is that you don’t need to use expensive or hard-to-find materials. In fact, you don’t even need to alter the appearance of your walls with things like paint. In this article, we’ll tell you how to do it.
3D love hearts
This is one of the most popular ways to decorate walls with love hearts. It involves making little 3D love hearts out of red card to create a larger display for your wall.
- First, draw love hearts of whatever size you want. Then, make a small cut in the top of your hearts and stick the edges together with a small amount of glue, so that the heart curves outwards.
Newspaper love hearts
Many people enjoy decorating with newspaper. Newspaper decorations will give any home a beautiful vintage feel. So, if you love this style, you’ve got to try decorating with newspaper love hearts. All you need to do is draw some hearts, and use them to create a charming display for your wall.
- One great idea is to use these love hearts to create little messages. Draw and cut out your heart shapes, and write a romantic message for your partner.
Love heart garlands
Don’t want to glue anything to your walls? Then why not decorate with some love heart garlands? This is a really simple idea. You can use a whole range of different materials, but the most common is card.
- Cut out your hearts and thread them on a piece of string. You can use as many as you want, and even combine them with little messages, flowers, or other elements.
Love heart collages
If you want to surprise your partner with a romantic gesture, you need to take a look at this next idea. Essentially, it involves using photographs to create a heart shaped collage on your wall. Find photos of your favorite moments together, and get to work!
There are two ways to do this. The first is to cut every photograph into a heart shape. Alternatively, you could use lots of little photos to create one large love heart.
Pictures and paintings
Hanging framed pictures of love hearts will allow you to decorate your walls without having to actually modify the wall itself. You can do this project yourself, choosing white or black frames to make the love hearts really stand out.
- Start by cutting out the love hearts. Follow the same steps we described earlier to create 3D hearts: make a cut in the center and glue the edges together. Create a little display, arranging them however you want.
Silk love hearts
Silk is really easy to work with, and it’s great for decorating your walls with hearts. This material is really delicate and will look really great on your walls. Choose the colors you like best and cut out love hearts of any size you want.
- When it comes to fixing them to the wall, don’t use too much glue, as it can actually ruin the fabric. Stick them on carefully, arranging them in a pattern.
Like these ideas for decorating with love hearts? As you’ve seen, they’re really easy to do, and you can do it using only the most basic materials. The most important thing is to be creative, and give your walls a really personal touch.
Of course, if you want to decorate for a special occasion, you can also combine your love hearts with other decorative elements such as candles, roses, and cards! Use different colors and details to create contrast, and you’ll be able to create a really beautiful and romantic setting.It might interest you...