5 Tips on How to Set up a Party Table
It’s worth reading some recommendations about design and accessories before you try to set up your table. You have the creative freedom to make it however you feel it will fit the party, but having some tips can help you save lots of time and money on your party table.
These kinds of tables, also known as dessert tables and candy buffet, have become a huge event decoration trend. Not only do they make the room look more elegant, but they also give you a place to offer guests some tasty treats.
So, are you planning a party? Do you already know how to set up a party table? If you’ve come to this article, it’s probably because you need a bit of help. Don’t worry, then, we’re going to give you some tips that will make creating your party table much easier!
Simple tips on how to set up a party table
Party tables are perfect for pretty much any event. W hether you’re planning a wedding, birthday party, or a baby shower, they’re great because you can use them to offer your guests sweets and desserts in a way that goes with the overall decor.
That also means you’ll need to take care with the design, colors, and accessories. You want everything to go perfectly with the rest of your decorative scheme. Not sure how to do that? Follow our tips!
1. Choose a simple, elegant style
The style of your party table is obviously going to depend on what kind of party you’re planning. But you can generally always go the minimalist route. It’ll help you save money because you won’t have to get too many decorations besides what you have on hand already.
- Try not to have more than three colors in your decor scheme. Try to include white: it’ll add a touch of elegance.
- Use glass trays, jars, and stands. If not glass, use white.
- Choose a neutral-colored tablecloth (white, beige, grey) and find a runner that’s a more striking color.
- Make sure you don’t have a single flat surface for the desserts. You want to have multiple levels–just nothing too tall.
2. Glass candy containers
If you’re throwing a party for kids, you’d probably choose a more colorful option. But if the celebration is for an adult, you’ll probably want to choose glass containers instead. They’re great whether you’re going for a more elegant or more modern look or even something vintage.
- Use containers of multiple shapes and sizes so that you can have multiple levels on your party table.
- Fill them with candy and pastries. The colors are up to you: one color is fine, but you can liven it up with multiple bright colors too.
3. Use things you already have
Before you start buying lots of accessories for your party table, try looking through what you already have. You might be surprised how many everyday accessories can contribute to a great decor scheme for your party.
- You can make a vintage style table with things like baskets, antique boxes, flower pots, jars, and picture frames.
- If the party is for kids, decorate the table with toys, flowers, and colorful paper.
- Once you’ve found everything you can use for your party decor, then you can decide if you need to buy more stuff.
4. Paper decorations
If you need tips on spending for your party table, this is also important. Paper decorations are one of the best ways to save money. Plus, they’re very versatile and you can use them to create your style. But we wouldn’t recommend this for elegant things like weddings or graduation parties.
- Use either neutral or bright colored paper depending on the event. You can make paper pompoms, honeycombs, fans, and lots of other things.
- Use silk paper for a truly elegant look.
5. Don’t forget souvenirs
As a good party host, you should use your party table to give your guests souvenirs. You should have these whether it’s a kids’ party, a wedding, or anything else, really. There are lots of ways to make them without spending too much money, too.
- Use small boxes or little paper or fabric bags. Then fill them with sweets, perfume samples, mini wine bottles, or anything else like that.
- Don’t forget to add your personal touch! There are lots of ways to do this while still keeping everything in line with the overall decor scheme.
So, are you ready? As you can see from these tips, setting up a party table doesn’t have to be a nightmare. There are some great ways to make a sophisticated table, but going for a minimalist look or just using what you have at home can still turn out amazing!It might interest you...