5 Television Placement Tips
You probably like to comfortably enjoy TV shows and movies. However, you may feel uncomfortable sometimes because your sofa is in a bad position or, simply, because your TV is too far away. It’s time to discover five television placements tips!
Numerous neck, back, and sight injuries are associated with the positioning of your body. When you sit on the couch, you end up lying down or not sitting upright. This is due to some common mistakes that you aren’t usually aware of.
These problems are associated with poor furniture distribution and the misuse of appliances. For this reason, you should note some tips that may prove useful. Remember that the goal is to relax and enjoy your TV.
1. Frontal television placement
The way you position your TV influences your well-being. The main requirements to enjoy your TV in a healthy way are:
- You should make sure the screen is at eye level, always looking for frontality. In addition, you should never strain your eyes, since this could lead to tension, fatigue, and stress.
- Make sure the display is straight. You shouldn’t place your TV in a place where you’ll have to turn your head or that makes viewing uncomfortable. In the long term, this can lead to ailments and discomfort, meaning you won’t enjoy watching TV.
- If you place your TV right in front of your sofa, it’ll be comfortable to watch. This is the best formula to ensure that both your neck and back are in a good position, no matter if you place your TV in the living room or games room.
2. Make sure it’s not in the way
Televisions are often combined with furniture for their placement. Generally, people tend to place them against the wall so they don’t get in the way. Nevertheless, they don’t tend to notice some placement mistakes they make.
Some televisions have their own legs or base stands. However, this wastes a lot of space. Today, you have the option of mounting your television on the wall or placing it on furniture.
If there isn’t enough space in your room for you to move around, you need to rethink the placement of your TV. Remember that you should seek functionality, objectivity, and simplicity.
Study the placement of your television. It should be in a comfortable and safe place.
3. Television placement tips for the kitchen
Many people eat and dine in their kitchen. This is why they decide to place a TV there. In most cases, they go for small ones. You need to remember that you won’t use the TV in your kitchen for long periods of time.
Normally, people tend to place small TVs on countertops. But there are other options you can consider. You can find televisions that are specially adapted for kitchen furniture. They don’t get in the way and you guarantee functionality.
Also, you can mount it in a corner or place it inside a cabinet that you can open or close whenever you’re going to use it. In the kitchen, practicality is the most important thing.
4. Television placement tips for your living room
As we mentioned above, people tend to make a lot of mistakes when it comes to placing their TV. There are many different placement possibilities in the living room. Nevertheless, you must remember that big screens that occupy a lot of space are the most popular for this room.
Plasma TVs look great mounted on any wall. But you can also place them on top of a TV unit. They should be at medium height and have an exact symmetry with the sofa.
5. Place it in your bedroom
Follow the same procedure as in the living room. We recommend placing your TV at a central point in front of the bed. This is an ideal place to watch movies and relax.
However, many people decide to position their television on the ceiling to watch it while they’re lying down. Although this idea may be unique, it also forces you to stay in the same position.