5 Different Types of Candle Holders for Home Decor
Candle holders come in a huge variety and can make great accessories for home decor.
Candlelight creates a gentle, relaxed and romantic setting. Candles are perfect occasional additions to dress up a dinner or provide a moment to relax. Check out 5 types of candle holders for home decor in our post today.
Details matter. The small things help you surprise guests and create special, refined settings. At the end of the day, it’s the small accessories that create a special decor.
Remember that candle holders come in a huge variety. Each of the different types can offer something unique to their setting. They’re original and create a delicate, one-of-a-kind decor.
1. Fruity candle holders with an exotic touch
The world of candle holders is vast. Imagination and creativity lead to new designs and models. Here’s a unique idea with fruits. What can this fruity candle holder offer your home decor? Color and dynamism.
It’s easy to make. Grab a normal container and fit in the candle. Make sure that there’s still enough room to add the final touch: raisins, dates or slices of orange, lemon, etc.
Make sure to use dried fruit for long-lasting decor. Dried fruit retains its aroma and can serve as a natural air-freshener.
2. Spinning candle holder, an innovative trend
Here’s a truly innovative idea – spinning candle holders. But how do they work?
There are two parts. The first part is the small candle holder. This candle holder has to sit stably for the second part to spin properly.
The second part is a little bar that sticks out of the candle holder. The bar has arms that extend outwards and hold hanging adornments. With the heat from the candle, the arms spin and give a beautiful visual effect.
— Not many people will be familiar with this type of candle holder, but it certainly is original. —
3. Craft candle holders
Candle holders also have a niche in the craft scene. There are all kinds of ways to make them with diverse materials. Let’s take a look at this clothespin craft:
- Collect at least 20 clothespins. Leave them as they are or remove the metal part to separate the pieces.
- Regardless of what you choose to do, the craft steps are the same: Clip them onto a cup where you plan on inserting a candle. Make sure that the cup is wide enough so that the clothespins won’t burn when the candle is lit.
- Or, simply attach the pieces onto the cup’s exterior by putting a rubber band over them. Alternatively, glue them together around the cup with heat-proof glue. By using a rubber band or glue, you can ensure that they’ll stay together.
4. Decorative wall candle holders
Hang up wall candles to create a nice ambiance. You just need to insert a candle into a transparent or open container. Then, set it onto a support that you can hang onto a wall.
You can use various materials for the support: wood, iron, wire, etc. Set various candles up side by side or space them out to create a more relaxed, calm setting with gentle lights.
5. Wrought iron candle holders for a traditional decor
Wrought iron can take many different forms. For candle holders, the design options are endless and gorgeous.
Wrought iron candle holders usually include a container that holds the candle and a standing structure. The structure might feature floral, plant, geometric or minimalist designs. Of the 5 different types of candle holders we’ve seen today, wrought iron designs just might be the most original.
Which type seemed the most original to you? Let your imagination flow and create new designs. It’s simple!