Blue and White - the Perfect Combination for the Bedroom
The decoration of interiors is governed not only by the appropriate choice of furniture but also affects the chromatic relationship between resources in the room. For this reason, we’re going to learn a little more about the link between blue and white, the perfect combination for the bedroom.
A basic principle that should rule the world of interior design is the harmony of the whole. All the elements that are part of a room must be in orderly and coherent coordination. Colors play a very important role in this.
With color, an aesthetic and visual concept is developed that is attractive, especially if you choose those that contrast with each other and convey a common meaning. This is the fundamental objective that you must set when decorating.
Match the colors to the bedroom
If you look at the atmosphere that should exist in the bedroom, you’ll realize that it’s the reflection of your personal taste. You spend a lot of time in the bedroom, so it must be comfortable.
When the colors are not complementary you feel tense and out of context, as if this place is not part of you. This can convey a lack of personality to such an extent that your perspective becomes a long-term problem.
The environment becomes appealing if you apply the correct color combination. There’s nothing better than feeling comfortable and proud of your home. When everything is in perfect harmony, you feel true happiness and well-being.
It’s important to choose the colors according to personal taste.
Ways to combine blue and white
To achieve the perfect combination with blue and white, you should assess the options they offer. They relate well and convey a serenity that cannot be achieved with other shades. Let’s look at how they can work together:
- They can be interspersed on furniture. It doesn’t matter if you have a blue dresser and white nightstands. In the same way, it’s good if one color predominates over the other or if it has a greater presence in some areas than in others.
- In the case of the bed, colors can be worked in a simpler way. However, you must have an objective as this is the focus of the room. A white bedspread and blue cushions offer an interesting image.
- Regarding the curtains, in lighter blue they provide a sensation of freshness and filter the light by contrasting with the walls.
- If we want to give small touches of color on a white surface, both the lamp in the center and the carpet or a painting can have blue contributions. The most important thing about all this is that there is that pleasant contrast to achieve a proper harmonization.
These colors can dominate the walls. They make sure the environment is defined and the bedroom is themed. White tends to be the base color, with blue accents to enhance the room.
Another option is the alternation between both tones – paint one wall blue and the others white. Or just use blue on architectural features.
Aesthetic balance is better achieved if blue participates in a simpler and more decisive way, while white is used as a background and support.
The perfect combination for an alternative style
If you use these two colors in the bedroom you’ll achieve an alternative, youthful and refined style. They give a sense of freshness, reminiscent of the nautical world.
These colors establish harmony that favors the aesthetics of the home. Wherever you look, the decoration wins.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Lluch, Francisco Javier: Arte de armonizar los colores, Barcelona, Imprenta de El Provenir, 1858.