Sink Cabinets: The Latest Bathroom Trends
In today's article, we'll give you some ideas and advice about this must-have bathroom item.
The bathroom is, without a doubt, one of the places in our homes with the most potential. However, we often forget to pay attention to the decor, preferring to concentrate on other rooms, like the living room. The latest trend in bathrooms is sink cabinets.
Many people don’t realize just how much time we spend in our bathrooms every day. And not just for basic hygiene purposes, but also for doing our hair, shaving, or putting on makeup. We also use them to unwind, taking long, relaxing baths.
To give these spaces a modern, up-to-date look, and really bring them to life, we’ll give you some ideas on how to choose one essential element: the sink. But we’ll be focusing on sinks with a bit of a twist – sink cabinets. As the name suggests, this is a combined cabinet and sink, which creates a whole new aesthetic.
Advantages of sink cabinets
As you already know, the sink is an essential bathroom element that we use several times everyday. Sink cabinets are a great idea, as much for their practicality as for their look.
Sink cabinets make it even easier for you to brush your teeth or wash your face and hands, as you won’t need to lean over so much. This is a real bonus if you have young children or older people in your family. Plus, they are really simple and easy to install, and won’t require much work.
However, you need to remember that the maximum height for your sink should be between 33-35 inches if you want to be able to use it comfortably. Additionally, the cabinet either side of your sink should measure approximately 6-8 inches.
There is a whole range of different shapes, styles, and designs on the market, with a look to suit every taste. They go well with all different types of furniture, whether it’s modern, rustic or vintage. They are really versatile objects.
Sink cabinets are becoming more and more common these days and there’s no denying that this is a trend that’s taking the world of interior design by storm.
What material should you choose for your sink?
Choosing the right material for your sink is no easy task. How practical your sink is will depend on which material you choose, as every material offers something different. Next, we’ll take a look at the most common materials used to make sink cabinets.
- Ceramic is one of the most common materials used for sinks. It’s impermeable and has a very simple and understated look. It’s a material in high demand, which means it’s really affordable. You can find ceramic sinks in a whole range of styles and design. Oval shaped ceramic sinks are one of the most popular designs at the moment.
- You might be surprised to hear that wood is a popular material for sinks this year. You can find natural wood sinks or faux-wood laminate sinks. Thanks to their rustic look and the feeling of quality they bring to a bathroom, more and more people are choosing wooden sinks for their bathrooms.
- With all their elegance and style, there’s no denying that a stone sink will bring a touch of distinction to your bathroom. Just like wooden sinks, their natural feel means they’ll look great with rustic decor, although they also go well with modern and avant-garde styles.
- Another material that you’re probably not quite as familiar with is silestone. It’s new to the market and wasn’t really used until a few years ago. It’s made of quartz, so it has antibacterial properties which will ensure your sink is always as clean as possible. One of its greatest properties is its resistance and durability. It can be molded to create different styles and dyed to create different colors. It looks great with more modern styles.
- Glass is the finest and most delicate material of all. It will give your room a feeling of lightness and order. It goes perfectly with more contemporary styles.
- Finally, if you’re a fan of industrial style furniture, you might want to go for a stainless steel or concrete sink. Unrefined and solemn, these materials will give your room a feeling of seriousness.
Some ideas for your sink cabinet
Glass sink cabinets
Because we tend to think of glass as being a fragile material, it’s not very commonly used to make bathroom cabinets. However, thanks to the alloys that are used to make it today, it is great quality, and super resistant.
If your bathroom is slightly on the small side, a glass cabinet is a great option. Because it is transparent, light to pass through it, making your bathroom seem bigger and brighter.
Marble sink cabinets
Marble is one of the most fashionable materials at the moment, whether for creating small ornaments or for cabinets and bathroom furniture. It’s water resistant and will give your bathroom a touch of distinction.
The downside to this material is that it is pretty expensive and difficult to maintain. If you don’t take good care of it, it can easily get scratched.
White cabinet and black sink (or vice versa)
This is, without a doubt, one of the simplest designs. The sink is usually oval in shape, to make it seem larger. The black adds a sense of formality to the whole look and contrasts with the white of the cabinet. This is one of the most modern and innovative designs you’ll find on the market.
As you can see, sink cabinets are a great idea which will add style and character to your bathroom. Not only will they make sure you can carry out all your everyday routine with ease, but they’ll look great too.